KING OF JESHURUN ASSEMBLY DOCTRINAL "STATEMENT OF FAITH"
- EVANGELICAL: King of Jeshurun Assembly asserts that it is a Universal Brotherhood concerned for Divine Worship in a way "God is spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth" (John 4:24). It is neither an Organisation nor a trust but an Evangelical, Non-Denominational Worship Centre concerned for evangelism and church Plantation in the unreached areas of India & world through spiritual and holistic ministry We are Evangelical in that we do not subscribe to any humanistic systems of philosophy or metaphysics (Col 2:8).We are Non- Denominational in that our only criterion for life and practice is the Bible (Rev 22:18).
- THE BIBLE: We believe that the Bible contains God’s complete coherent messageto man and that in the original manuscripts, its contents are inerrant and infallible.Godused the human writers of scripture in such manner that without waiving theirhuman intelligence, their vocabulary, their personal feelings, or their literacy style His message to man was permanently recorded with perfect accuracy in the originalLanguages of scripture, the very words bearing the authority of divine Authorship(II Tim 3:16-17; II pet 1:21).
- CREATION: We believe that the entire Universe, its matter, energy and space were all created on microsecond of time in eternity past by Divine fiat. In Genesis 1:1 the Hebrew word for creation is BARAH and means “to create something from nothing”. The Latin equivalent of BARAH is ex nihilo.The person of the Trinity who was the agent of creation was Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:3; col 1:16-17; Heb 1:3).
- MAN’S CONDITION: We believe that humanity’s original parents were created in The Garden of Eden. They were perfect people in a perfect environment but due to personal sin both they and their offspring fell into total depravity. Because the man wasaware of his sin, his sinful nature was passed down genetically through him to his entire Human family. As a result, the human condition is one of complete separation from God. Man, left to his own devices, is completely incapable of re-establishing a relationship With God and is thus lost in his sins (Rom 3:23; 5:12; 6:12-14).
- THE BIRTH OF CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ entered human history in the Fullness of time by means of the Virgin Birth. We believe his biological life to have been the the product of a virgin pregnancy, initiated by miracle of the Holy Spirit and Delivered by Mary in Bethlehem. Further, we believe that his soul life and human spirit were imputed to him by the sovereignty of God at the virgin Birth. The virgin birth is also the point at which His undiminished deity was united with his true humanity form-ing the Hypostatic Union. (Gal 4:4; Isa 7:14; Matt 1:20-24; Psalm 22:10; Heb 10:5).
- THE PERSON OF CHRIST: We believe that Jesus Christ is co-equal and co-eternal with the father and the holyspirit.Nevertheless, in order to provide a substitute for sinful man; He agreed to lower Himself to the form of man, to live life facing the same pressures and trials yet to do so without sin. Consequently, Jesus Christ is both undiminished deity and true humanity in one person forever. This union of God and man is defined by theology as the Hypostatic Union. This is the claim that Christ is at once both eternal God and impeccable Man (Phil 2:5-110).
- GRACE: This is the title of God’s plan, will and purpose for the believer. It describes all that God is free to do for us based on the substitutionary sacrifice of Jesus Christ on the cross.Grace, to be grace, must never depend upon anything we think, say or do. Grace is the motivation of divine love, it is the policy of divine righteousness and it is the function of divine justice. The source of grace must always be from God, never from man. We are saved through grace (Eph 2:8-9).We are provided all our necessities through grace (Mt 6:33) and our spiritual growth is by means of grace (2 pet 3:18).
- THE LIFE OF CHRIST: we believe that throughout his earthly life, Jesus Christ was never guilty of any form of personal sin. He experienced all the trials and pressures typical to the human experience yet without sin. When he arrived at the cross, he did so in a state of complete perfection and impeccability. Because of the perfection of his deity, He was not able to sin; non posse peccare in the Latin. Because of the perfection of his humanity, he was able not to sin; posse non peccare in the Latin (Heb 4:15; I pet 1:19).
- THE WORK OF CHRIST: When on the cross Jesus Christ received the divine imputation to himself of all the sins of all of human history, past, present and future. The justice of God judged those sins in Him. God is said to have been satisfied with his sacrifice, man is redeemed from his slavery to sin, and is reconciled to god through faith in Christ (II cor 5:21; Rom 5:20-6:14).
- THE STATUS OF CHRIST: Jesus Christ is presently seated at the right hand of the throne of God in heaven. His true humanity now exists in a resurrection body inseparably united to His undiminished Deity n Hypostatic Union forever. He presently serves as the Head of the Church wherein. As our Advocate in heaven, He offers intercessory prayers to the Father on our behalf (Luke 24:44-51; Heb 12:2; Eph 5:23; I John 2:1; Heb 7:25).
- THE TRINITY: We believe in the co-equal, co-eternal and co infinite existence of a triune Godhead which is one in essence and three in personality. The One essence is God while the three personalities are God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. (II Cor 13:14).
- THE GOSPEL: Jesus Christ died on the cross for the sins of the entire world and three days later He arose from the dead in resurrection body (I cor 15:14).
- SALVATION: Salvation of the soul is appropriated by the grace through faith alone in Christ alone. salvation is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not of works lest any man should boast (John 3:15-16,18,36;6;47;11:25;20:31;Acts 16:31;Eph 2:8-9).
- THE CHURCH: we believe that the church may be defined in two ways: As an organism and as an organization. As an organism, the universal church is made up of all who have believed on Jesus Christ for their salvation. This group of believers in any generation of the church age is called “The body of Christ”, or “the Royal family of God”. The organization is any physical facility established by local group of believers as a place for them to assemble and worship God (Eph 5:25-27; Heb 10:25).
- THE HOLY SPIRIT: we believe that the Holy Spirit is a coequal and coeternal member of the Trinity that he indwells those who believe in Jesus Christ and He fills those who confess their sins to God. Through His filling ministry, the Holy spirit is able to teach us all things (John 7:37-39; 14-26; 14:16-17; Rom 5:5; I Cor 2:12; 6:19; II Cor 5:5; Eph 5:18).
- SPIRITUAL MATURITY: Spiritual maturity s that status obtained by the Believer who, through maximum knowledge of Bible Doctrine, advances to the point where he understands his place and purpose in God’s plan and functions in it. A Believer’s spiritual status however, is always advancing or retrogressing, dependent upon his attitude toward the teachings of the Bible. The Romans had a saying for it: qui non proficit deficit: he, who does not advance, falls behind (Eph 4:11-15; Col 3:1-5).
- CHRISTIAN WAY OF LIFE: New Testament scriptures command believers to execute the Christian way of life.It is phrased in different ways but all have the same objectives. Romans 6:4 speaks of the privilege of “walking in newness of life” .Gal 5:16 commands us to walk n the Holy Spirit”.Eph 5:2 is a mandate to “walk in love’.Eph 5; 8 orders us to walkas children of light”.Col 2:6 is a directive to walk in “Jesus Christ”, while 2 John 6 exhorts us to walk in obedience to His Commandments.” The Believer belongs to a spiritual dynasty founded by Jesus Christ. Our standards of conduct for the Christian way of life find their precedence in those established by Him during the incarnaton.The Christian way of life thus requires of the believer 8 major areas of function.
- The Filling of the Holy Spirit (Eph 5:18).
- Development of enforced and genuine humility so that the believer might be teachable, unhindered by arrogance and an overemphasis on self. (Rom 12:3).
- The habitual study of the Scriptures so that the believer might cleanse his soul of human viewpoint and replace it with divine viewpoint. (Acts 17:11; Rom 12:2; 2Tim 2:15).
- Development of personal Love for God and spiritual self-esteem. (2 Cor 3:4-5; 1 John 5:3).
- From the motivation of personal Love for God, the development of Unconditional Love for all mankind: the ability to accept all people as they are (John 15:17; Gal 5:14; Lk 6:27).
- Development of the mental attitude necessary to face the trials and problems of life with poise, grace and stability (I Pet 1:6-7).
- Attainment of spiritual maturity and sharing the happiness of God (John 15:9-11; James 1:12).
- THE ROYAL PRIESTHOOD: A priest is a member of the human race who represents man before God. Where in the Dispensations of Israel there was a specialized priesthood within the tribe of Levi, in the Church age all believers are members of a universal priesthood. Because we are taken by the Holy Spirit at salvation and placed into union with Christ, we are considered members of the Royal Family of God. Since Christ is our high priest, we are members of His Royal Priesthood. The unique prerogative of this priesthood is the option of personal acknowledgement of sins to God in a confessional prayer. Since we are our own private priest we have the obligation to learn the contents of the scriptures through Bible study. If circumstances dictate. We may observe and conduct our own private Eucharist (Heb 4:14-15; I Pet 2:5, 9; Rev 1:6).
- ANTI-SEMITISM: Intolerance, hatred, prejudice, Opposition and persecution of the Jewish people. Anti-Semitism is a satanic plot to eliminate Jews from history. God has promised the Jews a reigning Messiah who will rule them in their own land called Israel. In order for Christ to fulfill these divine promises to srael, Jews must survive until the Second Advent of Christ. Thus Anti-Semitism becomes a part of Satan’s desperation to circumvent Messiah’s return. Every member of the human race is warned by God Himself to avoid any form of anti-semitsm.In Gen12:2 He says,” I will bless those who bless you and I will curse those who curse you”. Consequently, Yesharim Native Assembly stands in righteous opposition to anyone vestige of anti-Semitic thought, comment or action. Further, anyone associated with this church who engages in anti-Semitic actions will be asked to withdraw from fellowship (Also note Zech 2:8-9; Rev 12).
- EUCHARIST: This is also called the Lord’s Supper or communion. It is the lone ritual to be performed in the church Age. Our Lord commanded us to formally observe this ceremony until His return. The instructions for performing the Eucharist are found in (I Cor 11:23-26).The bread is representative of His work on the cross where in he was the recipient of the divine imputation of our personal sins on himself and their subsequent judgment by the justice of God. The Bible does not indicate how often the Eucharist should be observed, only that it be done consistently and habitually.
- RAPTURE: This is the resurrection of all the church age Believers. It terminates the church age and signals the beginning of the tribulation. The rapture is an instantaneous event which occurs in two stages. First of all, the omnipotent of God the Father raises the dead in Christ by replacing their former bodies of corruption with resurrection bodies of incorruption. The Omnipotence of the Holy Spirit provides a resurrection body of believers who are alive at the Rapture, replacing their bodies of mortality with resurrection bodies of immortality. The rapture is imminent and thus may occur at any moment, However, no man knows the day or the hour (I Cor 15:53-54; 1:7-8; I Thess 4:13-18; I John 3:2-3).
- HEAVEN: This is the command centre for the eternal state and is defined in scripture as being the dwelling place of God. (Acts 1:11) tells us that Christ ascended into heaven while (IPet 3:22) says that He is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God. When a person believes in Christ his citizenship changes from the Devil’s world to Heaven according to( Phil 3:20).Believers are issued resurrection bodies in eternity and their origin is said to be Heaven in (II Cor 5:1-5).Our rewards and blessings are reserved in Heaven (I Pet 1:4).At the second Advent, Jesus Christ will return from Heaven (II Cor 5:8;12:2-4;Phil 1:23).Prior to the resurrection of Christ, the souls and spirits of separated believers resided in the paradise division of Hades, known to the Jews as Abraham’s Bosom (Lk 16:220.Following the resurrection Jesus Christ escorted these saints into Heaven (Eph 4:8-10).He has assured all believers that He has prepared a place for them in Heaven (John 14:2-3).
- REWARDS: The believer who makes a continuous and faithful advance in his knowledge of God’s word will eventually attain spiritual maturity. All proper function in life is based on proper thnking.All proper thinking is based on bible doctrine in the soul. God has decreed that each believer who acquires maximum knowledge of his plan will be rewarded in both time and eternity (Eph 1:3).New Testament writers used various metaphors to describe to describe our rewards. Paul utilized both military and athletic awards to illustrate this (Military- Eph 6:10-17; Heb 12:1; and Athletic: Acts 20:24; I cor 9:24-27; Phil: 3:12-14; I Thess 2:19; I Thim 6:12; II Tim 2:5; 4:7-8; also note James 1:12;and II John 9).In revelation 2 and 3 john describes the recipient of rewards in eternity with the phrase,” to him whom overcomes” .The word “Overcome” in the Greek of the new testament is NIKE which means victory. One who is victorious is a winner. Winners, according to John; receive rewords which he describes in (Rev 2:7; 17; 26; 28; 3:5; 12 and 21).
- HADES: Hades is a complex made up of four divisions. Each division serves as a place of detention for specific groups of men and angels. As each group is processed, they are transferred to a permanent location for all eternity.
- Paradise or Abraham’s Bosom: A part of Hades where all the Old Testament believers went immediately after physical death. Once departed from the body, their soul and spirit went to Paradise (Luke 16:22; 23:43).No believer resided in heaven until Jesus Christ was judged for man’s sins and was resurrected. The resurrection of Jesus Christ resulted in the permanent transfer of all Believers in Paradise to heaven (Eph 4:8-10).
- Torments: The residence of all unbelievers since the beginning of time. The reason a person goes to Torments, later to be condemned to the lake of fire, is because he has rejected Jesus Christ as savior (Luke 16:23).
- Tartarus:The residence of certain fallen angels who became involved in assault on the genetic line of Christ in Genesis 6.This special category of fallen angels are called BENE HA ELOHIM in the Hebrew, translated “Sons of God”. They are demons who are not operational at the present time.Tartarus is mentioned in II Pet 2:4 as the place where these fallen angels reside.
- The Abyss: The present place of incarceration for the demon assault army under the command of a demon general named Abaddon.This demon army will invade the earth during the tribulation Rev 9:1-12.They are released from their prison to become part of the administration of punishment to unbelievers. These events indicate a tremendous and radical change in God’s plan after the Rapture of the church occurs.
- LAKE OF FIRE: The final destination for both fallen angels and unbelieving mankind. It is both literal and eternal. It was prepared originally for Satan and his angels (Matt 25:41; Rev 20:11-15) is the key passage on the Great white throne judgment of all unbelievers. They are pulled out of the Torments division of Hades, judged for their works and cast into the lake of fire for all eternity.
- INFRALAPSARIANISM: The word “lapse” is an English word taken from the Latin “lapsus” and means “to fall”. In theology, it is used in reference to the Fall of Adam. A Laps Arian then is one who believes that Adam is a fallen being. Among those who subscribe to this Laps Arian claim, there arose a debate as to the logical order of God’s elective decrees. In other words, how did God chose to solve the problem of a fallen creation?Bilical Biblical scholarship has determined that the correct logical order of the decrees should place election after the Fall.Eletion,simply puts God’s choice of those who will have eternal life and those who will not. The Prefix: infra-“means” under”, or,”below”.Literally, then Infralapsarian means “under the lapse”. In other words, when the infralapsarian lists the decrees of God, election is listed under, or after, the Fall of Adam.Thus,the Infralapsarian order of the elective decrees are as follows:
“The decree to create mankind”
PRINCIPLE: You cannot elect what doesn’t exist.
“The decree to permit the fall.”
PRINCIPLE: Condemnation must precede salvation.
“The decree to provide salvation for all mankind”.
PRINCIPLE: the doctrine of unlimited atonement.
“The decree to elect those who believe in Christ and leave in just condemnation all who do not believe.”
PRINCIPLE: God provides all men free will to accept or reject His grace offer of salvation through faith alone in Christ alone.
“The decree to apply salvation to those who believe in Christ”.
PRINCIPLE: Each individual must first choose God’s plan of salvation after which God decrees to elect that person to eternal life in His heaven.
“Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you shall be saved”
It is hoped that this brief presentation of the theology of King of Jeshurun Assembly will serve as an inspiration for those who hear it to pursue a comprehensive understanding of Jesus Christ, in Whom, according to Colossians 2:3,are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge, It is hoped that these statements of our beliefs will at least encourage recognition of the unlimited depth of Biblical reelation.May a few be challenged to place knowledge of the word of God as top priority in their lives.Theres is a Latin proverb that is pertinent,vincit Omnia Veritas:”Doctrine Conquers All.Finally,and most importantly, may these lessons serve to define, illuminate and magnify our Lord and savior Jesus Christ, bringing both honor and glory to His anme.AMEN!